Monday, August 22, 2011

Grocery Bag




Lari and I went to the Sedgwick City Wide Garage Sale earlier this year and she found me a piece of heavy material for $1.00. I found out later it's some type of canvas. I tried washing it because it had some spots on it and it didn't wash well, but it's cleaner. I draped it over my ironing board to dry. It's very stiff, but perfect for grocery bags. I measured the bags I had purchased at Dillons and used that as my pattern. This particular bag is a big smaller than the Dillons bags as there was a seperate piece of fabric with the stuff I purchased and just made a bag to fit just using that one piece.
This is my prototype. The rest will probably be sewen with black thread and black handles. Got 3 cut out so I gotta go get busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment